Welcome!


Welcome!! My name is Paul Lappen. I am in my early 60s, single, and live in Connecticut USA. This blog will consist of book reviews, written by me, on a wide variety of subjects. I specialize, as much as possible, in small press and self-published books, to give them whatever tiny bit of publicity help that I can. Other than that, I am willing to review nearly any genre, except poetry, romance, elementary-school children's books and (really bloody) horror.

I have another 800 reviews at my archive blog: http://www.deadtreesreviewarchive.blogspot.com (please visit).

I post my reviews to:

booklore.co.uk
midwestbookreview.com
Amazon and B&N (of course)
Librarything.com
Goodreads.com
Books-a-million.com
Reviewcentre.com
Pinterest.com
and on Twitter

I am always looking for more places to post my reviews.

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Max Daley, the Lion and the Werewolves

Max Daley, the Lion and the Werewolves, Akin Ola, Amazon Digital Services, Inc., 2013

(Kindle Book Review)
This short novel is about your average young person who learns that he is really not so average.

Max Daley goes to middle school, has his eye on Anne, and deals with the school bully. One day, his mother tells Max that he was adopted as an infant, and he had with him a crystal cylinder. It brings forth some very powerful assistance, which Max finds that he will really need in the future.

Max is at the center of an ancient prophecy. A trio of vaguely European-looking men come to town, and suddenly people end up very dead. They aren't just dead, but looking like they were torn to bits by some huge creature. The trio is coming for Max, but he has some help in his Native American godfather, who knows something about visions and paranormal beings. Does their interest in Max have to do with the identities of his real parents? Does Max learn his destiny? Does Max survive?

I read this entire story in less than an hour, and it's pretty good. It's a present-day, and believable, YA story that has just enough weird in it. Yes, it's worth checking out.

(The Kindle Book Review received a free copy of this book in exchange for an independent, fair and honest review. We are not associated with the author or Amazon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment